Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year

We have been very busy! The girls went to Macon Tuesday, New Years Day, to spend sometime with Momma Joy and Granddaddy Jim. Keith and I decided to take advantage of the time alone. We spent some quality time together ripping out our old kitchen floor and replacing it with a new one. We have wanted to do this ever since we purchased this house 4 years ago. We have pondered ceramic tile and wood laminate, however ever when we went to Jay and Kim's house during our Christmas trip to Macon we decided on this pattern of vinyl self adhesive Armstrong tile. Thanks Jay and Kim for the great idea. Once we dropped off the children with Momma Joy and Granddaddy Jim we went and got all the tiles we needed and headed home to begin the destruction. We had almost all the tile done by 11:30 that night with the exception of a few hard to cut tiles, which I had messed up several times. I knew that Keith had to work the next day and I could not think enough to cut them correctly. The next day when Keith was at work, I went back to Lowe's and bought the quarter round and headed home to cut the pieces. Later that night Wesley, Wendy, and Ansley came over and let us use their cordless nail gun. (We need one of those!) It only took us 5 minutes to attach all the quarter round. Wesley was also nice enough to help Keith move the furniture back in. (Every bone and muscle in my body was hurting.) I had to wash and put all the china back in the china cabinet before Madison got home and realized I had used her bed to hold it during the construction. The floor looks great! Keith and I love it!!!!!!!! I guess that we will be working on the house all year since that is what we did on New Years Day. That's fine with us.
The girls got back this morning from Macon and had a great time. They went to Chuck E. Cheese, the movies, restaurants, and shopping. I am sure that Grandaddy Jim and Momma Joy are both missing them tonight, but they will be able to sleep late tomorrow. We are so thankful to have great families to help us with the children. Also the children will have memories when those people are gone.








We will update again soon!

No comments: