Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Day of Pampering

Today was great! Grammie and I spent the entire day together by ourselves. We went first to Carmack's to get the meat we needed for the upcoming beach trip. Then we had to stop by the Thrift Store to see if they had any deals. After that we headed to Sam's to test some of the samples (it was getting lunch time by this point) and pick up some more snacks for the beach trip. After not getting full on the samples we headed to Chick-fil-a. Next we went shopping for swim suits. We both found 2 a piece. (Grammie you were right, Keith loves the leopard print one!) I also got a new white shirt for the "beach picture". Finally Grammie and I went to get our pedicures and manicures for Mother's Day! We even got our eyebrows done. This is something that I would not normally spoil myself with but Keith and the girls gave it to me for Mother's Day. We got Grammie a pedicure and manicure for her Mother's Day. It was great to get to spend some one on one time with Mom. Most of the time we get to spend together includes chasing the girls. This time it was about us. We all need this from time to time.


Madison, Allison, and Keith went to the pool while we were gone. They were all tired when we got home. After Grammie left, Madison was in the room when I was folding up some laundry (yes back to real life) and she told me that she missed me today and she wanted me to spend tomorrow with her. She is so sweet!


Believe it or not, school it out! Yesterday I took a kindergartner and a fourth grader to school, but I picked up a first and fifth grader! It seems like time is just speeding up. Yesterday Allison reminded me that she will be able to drive by herself in 6 years and 1 month. What a shock to my system. Madison got all E's (excellent) on her report card and Allison got all A's and B's. The best thing is that she had all 3's (the best) on conduct. We have been struggling with Allison this last nine weeks, but it seems to have paid off. I am so proud of both of them.


I better get to bed, we have to be at church tomorrow at 8 AM to greet people. Love to all!

No comments: